Getting to Downtown Toronto
Arriving from the airport
If you are arriving by plane, you can take a car, a taxi, a train, or public transit from Pearson International Airport or the Toronto Island Airport.
The UP Express travels between Union Station and Toronto Pearson International Airport every 15 minutes. The journey takes about 25 minutes and costs about $12CAD.
If you are arriving late at night or early in the morning, public transit is limited. To get to downtown Toronto take the 300A Bloor-Danforth bus from the airport, which provides overnight service along Bloor Street and Danforth Avenue. Consider taking the bus to Bloor and Yonge (which is minutes away from campus) and catching a taxi from there to your final destination. To reach mid-town Toronto, take the 307 Eglinton West bus, which provides overnight service to Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue. From this intersection, you will be able to catch a taxi to your final destination.
Taxis are are typically $70CAD to downtown.
If you rent a car at Pearson International Airport and drive to campus:
- Follow the airport signs to highway 401.
- Take highway 401 east to the Yonge Street south exit.
- Go south on Yonge Street for 10.4 km to College Street.
- Turn right onto College Street and then turn right onto St. George Street.
- Parking information for campus is available here.
- The Porter shuttle bus stops at the north-east corner of Front Street and York Street.
- Cross to the south side of Front Street and enter Union subway station.
- Take the University-Spadina line subway northbound to St. George subway station.
Arriving from the bus station
To get to campus by subway from the Toronto Coach Terminal, walk three blocks west along Dundas Street to St. Patrick subway station (at University Avenue and Dundas Street) and take the subway north to Queen’s Park, Museum, or to St. George subway station (depending on your destination.) You can alternatively walk east along Dundas Street to Dundas subway station (at Yonge Street and Dundas Street). Take the subway northbound to Bloor-Yonge station. Then transfer westbound and go to St. George subway station.
To get to campus by subway from the GO Transit station at Union Station, you can enter Union subway station and take the University-Spadina line subway northbound to Queen’s Park, Museum or St. George subway station (depending on your destination.)
Arriving from Union Station
All Toronto-bound trains arrive at Union Station located at the foot of the city.
You can either take a taxi to our downtown campus or travel by subway:
- Enter Union subway station.
- Catch the University-Spadina line subway northbound to Queen’s Park, Museum, or St. George subway station (depending on your destination).